4
MICHEAL LIFTED his foot off the accelerator and looked again into the dark forest in between houses 488 and 486. He had been sure he'd seen a light. Sighing, he pressed his foot down once again and barked into the radio,"Remember, If you see or catch him, radio it through. Then question him - or them. We need to work out who is behind this business. Now, to your stations." There was a pause as he thought. "Johnathan, you take 488. I have a suspicion..."
With nothing forthcoming, the voice came through,"Affirmative."
"Bill, park next to 490." A 'yes, sir.' was heard.
He organized, "Allan and Paul, take 484 and 486. He may come through that way too." He heard two 'yes's and smiled. With these places covered, we can hopefully get - whoever it is...
Five minutes later, another voice was heard.
"Micheal, I can hear a strange humming sound. It sounds like it's in the forest."
"Are you sure it's not from the house - a fridge, maybe?" Micheal asked.
"No, it's a lot louder - here..." There was a loud scraping, then he heard a weird whirring sound.
"Well, I've heard it, and I agree, go and find what's happening." Then he added, "and fast."
A few seconds later, someone else spoke. "Sir, I've found him - it's Johnathan, by the way, I've found him at 488! He's just coming through that marsh we saw before. Wait, I'm going out to give him a 'surprise.'
Micheal smiled. He knew what Johnathan's 'surprises' were like. He sank back into his chair and shouted into the walkie-talkie, "We have found one. We do not know if there are more, but I doubt it. Keep on the lookout though, and Bill, you go help our John. We'll sort this one out!'
Bill answered, "I'll be there in five."
Now he could hear Johnathan coming in again. He suddenly said,"It's Jake Wilson!"
Micheal growled, "Ah, him! Well, he's asked for it. That's two years of jail for him!"
Johnathan said, "He's vandalized the car too, I'm handcuffing him now."
Suddenly a hard cracking sound was heard, a cry of pain, and then a noise like a slamming door. Then there was complete silence.
"John?" no-one answered. "Johnathan? Are you there?" Silence.
"Bill, something's wrong at 488," Micheal shouted
"Yes, I'm halfway there."
"Well, get there." Then he added, "and fast."
A few seconds later, someone else spoke. "Sir, I've found him - it's Johnathan, by the way, I've found him at 488! He's just coming through that marsh we saw before. Wait, I'm going out to give him a 'surprise.'
Micheal smiled. He knew what Johnathan's 'surprises' were like. He sank back into his chair and shouted into the walkie-talkie, "We have found one. We do not know if there are more, but I doubt it. Keep on the lookout though, and Bill, you go help our John. We'll sort this one out!'
Bill answered, "I'll be there in five."
Now he could hear Johnathan coming in again. He suddenly said,"It's Jake Wilson!"
Micheal growled, "Ah, him! Well, he's asked for it. That's two years of jail for him!"
Johnathan said, "He's vandalized the car too, I'm handcuffing him now."
Suddenly a hard cracking sound was heard, a cry of pain, and then a noise like a slamming door. Then there was complete silence.
"John?" no-one answered. "Johnathan? Are you there?" Silence.
"Bill, something's wrong at 488," Micheal shouted
"Yes, I'm halfway there."
"Well, get there." Then he added, "and fast."
click here for chapter 5
No comments:
Post a Comment