Tuesday, 16 December 2014

7

NATHAN'S FRIEND, Derek, came in, looking completely out of breath.
          "Wh - hap - when -" Derek managed to string his words together, "ar - are you all okay? I mean, I saw the ambulance and I - I thought you -"
          "Yes, we're fine, thanks" said Elizabeth.
          "You don't sound - you don't look fine,"Derek said, staring round at them, "are - are -," Derek stuttered, then collapsed onto a chair. "I saw the ambulance go past my house. I watched it fade away into the distance, but then I saw it turn into your drive. I ran out of my house and ran all the way over to yours, and here I am now! I thought someone had been hurt or something, and-"
          "I will tell you what happened," said Nathan, standing up.
          Elizabeth smiled weakly. And then Nathan started his story, about the policeman and everything else, in great detail. When he had finished, Derek thought for a while, then said,"Oh, well, that's sad the crystal's, like, gone. It was a very cool crystal. And a very interesting story. But why is this so sad? Like I said, an awesome crystal, but-" Derek trailed off, realizing he was just saying the same thing again.
          Nathan looked at his mum for support. She nodded at him. "Are you sure?" Nathan mouthed.
          Again, Elizabeth nodded. Nathan brightened a bit. Nathan's mum knew he loved telling this story, even though he had only told it twice.
          "That crystal is no ordinary crystal", Nathan said, shaking his head and looking at Derek, who was sitting facing him over the table. "It is important, very very important that it doesn't get stolen."
          His mum nodded at him one last time, then he took a deep breath and started the story of the crystal's secret.
click here for chapter 8

No comments:

Post a Comment